Awards & Recognitions
- 2014 Presidential Medal of Freedom Recipient (Awarded to Andrew Goodman, James Earl Chaney, and Michael Schwerner posthumously)
- 2016 Morgan Stanley U.S. Strategy Challenge Winner
- 2020 SLSV Award for Contributing to an Equitable Democracy
News & Press
- SB202, Georgia’s Bill Threatening Voter Rights, Is A Threat To Fair Voting Access For All Of Us
- VOICES: How Students Can Fight Back Against Attacks On Their Voting Rights
- The Voting Rights Act Needs A Revival
- The Andrew Goodman Foundation Is On Mission To Make Young Voices A Powerful Force In Democracy
- The Leslie Marshall Show: The Fight For Youth Voting Rights
- Beto O’Rourke, Award Winning Filmmaker Rob Reiner, Black News Channel Host Aisha Mills & Alexandria Harris, Of The Andrew Goodman Foundation – June 30 Show
- Episode 2: The Vote | Reimagining American Democracy Discussion Series
- Conducting Voter Engagement with Jewish Youth
- Salesforce Pushes for Voting Rights, Police Reform and Criminal Justice Reform; Donates $1.5M for Voting Access
- Young Voters Sound the Alarm on Restrictive Legislation
Press Releases & Statements
- U.S. Senator Amy Klobuchar, Julian Castro, and Other Community Leaders Discuss Youth Voting Rights at The Andrew Goodman Foundation’s Seventh Annual National Civic Leadership Training Summit Commemorating the 26th Amendment
- The Andrew Goodman Foundation’s Statement on the Filibuster of the For the People Act
- The Andrew Goodman Foundation Condemns Florida’s New Anti-Voter Law
- The Andrew Goodman Foundation’s Statement on Guilty Verdict in Chauvin Case
- The Andrew Goodman Foundation’s Statement on Governor Phil Murphy’s Signing of Early In-Person Voting
- The Andrew Goodman Foundation Condemns Georgia’s Racist Voter Suppression Law
- Full Promise of Twenty-Sixth Amendment Remains Unfilled 50 Years Later
- The Andrew Goodman Foundation Stands in Solidarity with the Asian American Pacific Islander Community
- 40 Andrew Goodman Campuses Receive Voter Friendly Designation
- Five Andrew Goodman Ambassadors Selected as 2021-2022 Newman Civic Fellows by Campus Compact
Blogs & Stories
- Rise Up + Replay: Recapping the 2021 Rise Up Weekend
- Spring 2021 Roundup: Andrew Goodman Vote Everywhere’s Semester Highlights
- Why I Rise Up: Sadia Saba
- From Systematically Silenced to Outright Ignored, It’s Time to Respect the AAPI Voice
- Why I Rise Up: Jeffrey Clemmons
- Civics for Change: The Voting Rights Act of 1965 & the Fight for Voting Rights
- Civics for Change: Mythbusting the Filibuster
- How I Told My Elected Officials to Respect My Vote and My Children’s Education
- Civics For Citizens: The First 100 Days
- Campaign to the Polls: How Young Voters Overcame Obstacles and Took Their Power Back
Who is Andrew Goodman?
Andrew (Andy) Goodman was a Freedom Summer volunteer, who traveled to Mississippi in 1964 to register Black Americans to vote. On his first day, the Ku Klux Klan murdered Andy and two other civil rights workers, James Earl Chaney and Michael Schwerner.
Click here to read more about Andy.
Where is The Andrew Goodman Foundation located?
The Andrew Goodman Foundation staff is located all across the country and supports programming on 91 campuses in 26 states and Washington D.C.
Click here to learn more about Andrew Goodman Vote Everywhere.
Does The Andrew Goodman Foundation support a political party?
The Andrew Goodman Foundation is a 501(c)3 non-partisan organization. Our focus is to continue Andy’s legacy by advocating for equal voting rights for all Americans, no matter their political affiliation.
Click here to learn more about our mission.
How are donations to The Andrew Goodman Foundation used?
All donations received by The Andrew Goodman Foundation directly support our programs.
Click here to view our financial documents.
How can I get involved with The Andrew Goodman Foundation?
Getting involved with The Andrew Goodman Foundation is easy. Click here to provide us with more information about your interests.
How can my college or university become involved with Andrew Goodman Vote Everywhere?
Are you interested in bringing Andrew Goodman Vote Everywhere to your school? Send an email to email@example.com.
Who should I contact for media inquiries?
For media inquiries please contact our Interim Director of Communications Margaret Sasser via email firstname.lastname@example.org