Awards & Recognitions
- 2014 Presidential Medal of Freedom Recipient (Awarded to Andrew Goodman, James Chaney, and Michael Schwerner posthumously)
- 2016 Morgan Stanley U.S. Strategy Challenge Winner
- 2020 SLSV Award for Contributing to an Equitable Democracy
News & Press
- Voting Rights Are Under Siege — The 26th Amendment Could Be Their Salvation
- Despite Fewer People on Campus, Students in Pastor Center Programs Registered Large Numbers of Voters in 2020
- AGF Managing Director Maxim Thorne Esq. on Peacock TV’s Zerlina Show
- Andrew Goodman Fellow Evan Malbrough on Peacock TV’s Zerlina Show
- Pappas, Neguse, Gallego, Meng and Murphy Introduce Legislation to Stop Disenfranchisement of Young People
- Freedom Summer Inspiring Young Voters Today
- Politics with Amy Walter: Election Officials Reflect on 2020 Cycle
- Reality Check 2.10.21-Maxim Thorne
- The Insurrection Was A Return To Jim Crow-Era Violent Voter Suppression
- We Voted, Now What?: 5 Ways To Stay Engaged Between Elections
Press Releases & Statements
- The Andrew Goodman Foundation’s Statement on Governor Phil Murphy’s Signing of Early In-Person Voting
- The Andrew Goodman Foundation Condemns Georgia’s Racist Voter Suppression Law
- Full Promise of Twenty-Sixth Amendment Remains Unfilled 50 Years Later
- The Andrew Goodman Foundation Stands in Solidarity with the Asian American Pacific Islander Community
- 40 Andrew Goodman Campuses Receive Voter Friendly Designation
- Five Andrew Goodman Ambassadors Selected as 2021-2022 Newman Civic Fellows by Campus Compact
- Statement from The Andrew Goodman Foundation on the Passage of HR1
- The Andrew Goodman Foundation’s Statement on the U.S. Senate’s Verdict of Not Guilty in Donald Trump’s Impeachment Trial
- The Andrew Goodman Foundation’s Statement on U.S. Capitol Attack
- The Andrew Goodman Foundation, Bard College President and Students Win Student Voting Rights Victory in Dutchess County, NY Ahead of the 2020 Election
Blogs & Stories
- How I Told My Elected Officials to Respect My Vote and My Children’s Education
- Civics For Citizens: The First 100 Days
- Campaign to the Polls: How Young Voters Overcame Obstacles and Took Their Power Back
- Six-ish Ways to Stay Civically Engaged Between Elections
- Civics for Citizens: The Supreme Court of the United States
- Welcome to The Andrew Goodman Foundation’s Take Your Power Back Weekend
- Votes For Women
- Spring 2020 x COVID-19 Roundup: Andrew Goodman Vote Everywhere’s Semester Highlights
- Civics for Citizens: Voting at Home Using Vote-by-Mail and Absentee Voting
- On the Frontlines of Democracy
Who is Andrew Goodman?
Andrew (Andy) Goodman was a Freedom Summer volunteer, who traveled to Mississippi in 1964 to register Black Americans to vote. On his first day, the Ku Klux Klan murdered Andy and two other civil rights workers, James Earl Chaney and Michael Schwerner.
Click here to read more about Andy.
Where is The Andrew Goodman Foundation located?
The Andrew Goodman Foundation’s main office is located in Upper Saddle River, NJ. Our office supports programming on 95 campuses in 26 states and Washington D.C.
Click here to learn more about Andrew Goodman Vote Everywhere.
Does The Andrew Goodman Foundation support a political party?
The Andrew Goodman Foundation is a 501(c)3 non-partisan organization. Our focus is to continue Andy’s legacy by advocating for equal voting rights for all Americans, no matter their political affiliation.
Click here to learn more about our mission.
How are donations to The Andrew Goodman Foundation used?
All donations received by The Andrew Goodman Foundation directly support our programs.
Click here to view our financial documents.
How can I get involved with The Andrew Goodman Foundation?
Getting involved with The Andrew Goodman Foundation is easy. Click here to provide us with more information about your interests.
How can my college or university become involved with Andrew Goodman Vote Everywhere?
Are you interested in bringing Andrew Goodman Vote Everywhere to your school? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who should I contact for media inquiries?
For media inquiries please contact our Communications Director Justyna Krygowska via email email@example.com or call (201) 995-1808 ext. 190.