Awards & Recognitions
- 2014 Presidential Medal of Freedom Recipient (Awarded to Andrew Goodman posthumously)
- Newman Civic Fellowships (7 Andrew Goodman Ambassadors)
- Truman Scholar (1 Andrew Goodman Ambassador)
- Fulbright Scholars (2 Andrew Goodman Ambassadors)
- More Andrew Goodman Ambassador Awards
- 2016 Morgan Stanley U.S. Strategy Challenge Winner
News & Press
- Group Files Federal Lawsuit Against Wisconsin Student Voter ID Laws
- KU Receives Silver Seal for Excellence in Student Voter Engagement
- ‘A culture of voting’: On Election Day, Turnout at Polling Places At and Near VCU was Up 71%
- Voter Registration To Be Available Through MyAccess
- The Student Vote Is Surging. So Are Efforts to Suppress It.
- Stony Brook Student Honored with Hidden Hero Award
- Tennessee Voting Rights Activists Fight New Registration Restrictions
- Are we becoming the America that allowed the Freedom Summer Tragedy?
Press Releases & Statements
- The Andrew Goodman Foundation Files Lawsuit Against the State of Wisconsin for Restricting the Voting Rights of Students
- The Andrew Goodman Foundation Receives $55,000 Grant from The Russell Berrie Foundation for 2020 Census Outreach Effort in Bergen County
- Federal Court Blocks Tennessee Law That Restricts Voter Registration Efforts
- The Andrew Goodman Foundation Statement on U.S. District Court Judge Trauger’s Decision to Grant a Preliminary Injunction Against Tennessee’s Voter Suppression Law Set to Take Effect on October 1st
- Federal Court Denies Tennessee Motion to Dismiss Lawsuit Challenging Voter Registration Law
- Leading Civil Rights Organizations File a Motion for a Preliminary Injunction to Prevent the State of Tennessee from Implementing an Anti-Democratic Voter Suppression Law
- New Report Shows That Expanding Early Voting Sites to College and University Campuses in Florida Substantially Increased Youth Voter Turnout in the 2018 Election
- The Andrew Goodman Foundation Receives $350,000 from the Puffin Foundation to Increase Youth Civic Power
- The Andrew Goodman Foundation Condemns President Trump’s Racist Remarks
- The Andrew Goodman Foundation, Florida College Students, and the Florida League of Women Voters Take Further Legal Action Against a Florida Law Aimed at Preventing Early Voting on College and University Campuses
Blogs & Stories
- From the Frontlines, Andrew Goodman Campus Teams Celebrate NVRD 2019
- Civics for Citizens: Everything You Need to Know about Impeachment
- Andrew Goodman Vote Everywhere Promising Practices: Institutionalizing Voter Registration in New Student Orientation
- Census 2020: What Is Prison Gerrymandering?
- Andrew Goodman Vote Everywhere Promising Practices: Institutionalizing Voter Registration in the Classroom
- Indivisible: How to Bring the #MeToo Movement to Your College Campus
- Participants Reflect on the 2019 National Civic Leadership Training Summit
- Living the Legacy of Goodman, Chaney, and Schwerner 55 Years Later
- The Consequences of Gerrymandering on the Student Vote
- Barriers to Student Voting: A Voting Rights Round-Up
Who is Andrew Goodman?
Andrew (Andy) Goodman was a Freedom Summer volunteer, who traveled to Mississippi in 1964 to register Black Americans to vote. On his first day, the Ku Klux Klan murdered Andy and two other civil rights workers, James Chaney and Michael Schwerner.
Click here to read more about Andy.
Where is The Andrew Goodman Foundation located?
The Andrew Goodman Foundation’s main office is located in Upper Saddle River, NJ. Our office supports programming on 59 campuses within 24 states and Washington D.C.
Click here to learn more about Andrew Goodman Vote Everywhere.
Does The Andrew Goodman Foundation support a political party?
The Andrew Goodman Foundation is a non-partisan organization. Our focus is to continue Andy’s legacy by advocating for equal voting rights for all Americans, no matter their political affiliation.
Click here to learn more about our mission.
How are donations to The Andrew Goodman Foundation used?
All donations received by The Andrew Goodman Foundation directly support our programs.
Click here to view our financial documents.
How can I get involved with The Andrew Goodman Foundation?
Getting involved with The Andrew Goodman Foundation is easy. Click here to provide us with more information about your interests.
How can my college or university become involved with Andrew Goodman Vote Everywhere?
Are you interested in bringing Andrew Goodman Vote Everywhere to your school? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who should I contact for media inquiries?
For media inquiries please contact our Communications Director Justyna Krygowska via email email@example.com or call (201) 995-1808 ext. 19.