Awards & Recognitions
- 2014 Presidential Medal of Freedom Recipient (Awarded to Andrew Goodman, James Chaney, and Michael Schwerner posthumously)
- 2016 Morgan Stanley U.S. Strategy Challenge Winner
- Newman Civic Fellowships (15 Andrew Goodman Ambassadors)
- Truman Scholar (1 Andrew Goodman Ambassador)
- Fulbright Scholars (4 Andrew Goodman Ambassadors)
News & Press
- Supervisors of Elections in Florida Can Again Place Early Voting Sites on College Campuses
- Ohio Primary Elections Canceled Amid Coronavirus Concerns
- Upcoming Census Will Determine Oxford’s Financial Situation for Next Decade
- Georgia State Opens First-ever Student-run Polling Location on a College Campus
- UA Students Bring in Votes for Bernie in Democratic Primary
- Beyond “Dumbed-Down Metrics”: Grantee-led Evaluation for Better Learning
- As Young Voter Participation has Grown, So Have Southern States’ Efforts to Curb It
- College Students Look to Leave Mark on Virginia Primaries
Press Releases & Statements
- The Andrew Goodman Foundation’s Statement on Postponing Wisconsin Primary Election
- Tennessee Lawmakers Repeal Discriminatory Restrictions on Voter Registration Drives Following Federal Lawsuit
- The Andrew Goodman Foundation Wins Major Student Voting Rights Victory in Florida Ahead of the 2020 Election
- The Andrew Goodman Foundation’s Statement on Protecting Elections and Student Voting During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Voting Rights Groups Call on Election Officials to Act Now Ahead of Primaries and General Election
- The Andrew Goodman Foundation to Expand Its Vote Everywhere Campus Program to Reach 2.5 Million College and University Students Ahead of The 2020 Elections
- The Andrew Goodman Foundation Files a Motion for a Preliminary Injunction Against the State of Wisconsin to Block Enforcement of Restrictions on the Use of Student IDs for Voting in the 2020 Election
- The Andrew Goodman Foundation Announces the 2020-2021 Andrew Goodman Puffin Democracy Fellows
- AGF Applauds the Passage of H.R. 4 by U.S. House of Representatives
- The Andrew Goodman Foundation Files Lawsuit Against the State of Wisconsin for Restricting the Voting Rights of Students
Blogs & Stories
- Who Will Run Georgia State University’s Early Polling Location? For the First Time Ever, It Was Students.
- Morning Matcha with Maxim
- Andrew Goodman Vote Everywhere Promising Practices: Engaging the Board of Elections
- Civics for Citizens: We All Count in the 2020 Census
- Fall 2019 Roundup: Andrew Goodman Vote Everywhere’s Semester Highlights in Four Promising Practices
- As Youth Voter Turnout Increases, So Do Efforts To Stop It. Here’s How You Can Protect Your Right To Vote.
- Andrew Goodman Vote Everywhere Promising Practices: Recruiting Volunteers
- An Ambassador’s On-The-Ground Reflections from the Iowa Caucus
- Civics for Citizens: Caucuses, Iowa, and What it all Means
- Andrew Goodman Vote Everywhere Promising Practices: Institutionalizing Voter Registration in Move-in Day
Who is Andrew Goodman?
Andrew (Andy) Goodman was a Freedom Summer volunteer, who traveled to Mississippi in 1964 to register Black Americans to vote. On his first day, the Ku Klux Klan murdered Andy and two other civil rights workers, James Chaney and Michael Schwerner.
Click here to read more about Andy.
Where is The Andrew Goodman Foundation located?
The Andrew Goodman Foundation’s main office is located in Upper Saddle River, NJ. Our office supports programming on over 63 campuses in 25 states and Washington D.C.
Click here to learn more about Andrew Goodman Vote Everywhere.
Does The Andrew Goodman Foundation support a political party?
The Andrew Goodman Foundation is a 501c3 non-partisan organization. Our focus is to continue Andy’s legacy by advocating for equal voting rights for all Americans, no matter their political affiliation.
Click here to learn more about our mission.
How are donations to The Andrew Goodman Foundation used?
All donations received by The Andrew Goodman Foundation directly support our programs.
Click here to view our financial documents.
How can I get involved with The Andrew Goodman Foundation?
Getting involved with The Andrew Goodman Foundation is easy. Click here to provide us with more information about your interests.
How can my college or university become involved with Andrew Goodman Vote Everywhere?
Are you interested in bringing Andrew Goodman Vote Everywhere to your school? Send an email to email@example.com.
Who should I contact for media inquiries?
For media inquiries please contact our Communications Director Justyna Krygowska via email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (201) 995-1808 ext. 19.