Join a Team at the Crossroads of Higher Education and Democracy!
Thanks for your interest in working at The Andrew Goodman Foundation. We do not have any job openings at this time. Please check back soon. For general inquiries, contact us.
Communications and Development Manager
The Andrew Goodman Foundation’s mission is to make young voices and votes a powerful force in our democracy. To bring our efforts to the national stage, we are seeking a results-driven Communications and Development Manager who will help manage our communications and fundraising efforts.
The Communications and Development Manager will either have a background in civic engagement or the aptitude to become passionate for and conversant on our mission. S/he will play a critically important role in enhancing The AGF’s existing communications and development efforts, focusing on raising awareness and visibility, donor cultivation, and seeking innovative new opportunities and partnerships for philanthropic support. Impeccable verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Assist with implementing AGF’s Communications Plan to elevate our brand and increase visibility
- Help with the creation of our annual report, marketing collateral, and other pieces needed for successful communications and fundraising campaigns
- Speak and write articulately about The AGF, its history, and mission
- Update the organizations website, social media platforms, and other marketing vehicles
- Lead efforts to research and diversify individual, foundation and corporate funding sources, and write grant proposals and reports as well as track deadlines
- Assist with organizing the Managing Director, Executive Director’s, President’s time and resources in matters of fundraising
- Draft regular correspondence to existing donors and stakeholders
- Manage our donor database and improve existing systems
- Passion for civic engagement, civil rights and social justice
- Ability to prioritize assignments and demonstrate a high degree of initiative
- Excellent writing and interpersonal skills
- Proven record of acquiring foundation grants, annual gifts, and expanding a network of sustainable individual donors
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Knowledge of CRMs, Salsa, Adobe Creative Cloud, and Google Docs desired
How to apply
Send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject “Communications and Development Manager.” Due to volume, we are unable to accept direct inquiries about the position.