Join a Team at the Crossroads of Higher Education and Democracy!
Full Time Positions
The Andrew Goodman Foundation (AGF) seeks a results-driven Program Director. This full-time position oversees the coordination and administration of all aspects of our Vote Everywhere program including planning, organizing, and directing program activities, and managing program staff.
The Program Director reports directly to and works closely with the Executive Director to realize the vision of Vote Everywhere. The Program Director will work closely with AGF staff, partner organizations, university administrators, and other non-profit leaders to promote youth electoral and civic engagement on-campus. The ideal candidate is knowledgeable about voter registration and grassroots organizing and is passionate about civil rights and social justice. They should also be a good team player and excited to work at a fast-paced and young organization.
Position Responsibilities Include:
- Monitor, evaluate, and adapt Vote Everywhere program based on developments and opportunities on campuses and in the larger political context
- Establish and implement a program of elite student leaders at 5-10 academic institutions
- Work with Executive Director to determine timeline for strategic program expansion and work with Program Managers to implement growth plan
- Establish and implement processes for program coordination and record-keeping of metrics
- Work with the Executive Director to recruit, interview, and select program staff
- Supervise and oversee program staff to deliver on goals by providing direction, input, and feedback
- Ensure program staff receive orientation and appropriate training regarding voting laws and procedures
- Maintain and organize regular program staff meetings
- Work with Program Managers to build the capacity of VE student Ambassadors to have local/state/national impacts
- Oversee national and statewide student Ambassador mobilization and organizing efforts
- Manage the organization and implementation of AGF’s National Civic Leadership Training Summit
- Initiate, maintain, and develop ongoing strategic relationships with campuses and their administrations
- Spearhead coalition efforts with partner organizations
- Initiate, maintain, and work alongside partner organization as part of the youth voting/civic engagement movement
- Represent the needs and experiences of Vote Everywhere Ambassadors and their schools in local and national policy discussions about student voting barriers
- Employ social media strategy to lead campaigns involving Vote Everywhere Ambassadors and schools
- Represent Vote Everywhere at relevant conferences, events, rallies, and donor events
Development & Communications Support
- Coordinate with Program Managers to collect qualitative and quantitative program information for our board, funders, and for outreach materials
- Support the Executive Director and/or Managing Director with an annual budget and operating plan for the program
- Attend occasional meetings with funders and participate in donor cultivation
- Assist with writing funding proposals to ensure continuous program growth and development
- Work with the Communications Director on press releases, fact sheets, and stories
- Occasionally author op-ed articles for distribution to AGF stakeholders and the general public
- Work closely with the Executive Director to ensure the effective and efficient program delivery
Preferred Qualifications & Skills:
We are seeking a candidate who is able to bring big ideas to fruition, excels in relationship building, is result-oriented, and has strong management skills. The candidate should have:
- A passion for civic engagement, civil rights, and social justice
- Experience with and/or commitment to youth leadership development and providing opportunities for youth leadership among traditionally marginalized people
- A Master’s Degree or 5-7 years equivalent organizing experience
- A demonstrated commitment to meeting a high bar and a history of getting things done
- A high-level, strategic understanding of social change and organizing backed by direct experience with grassroots efforts
- Past successes developing and leading programs
- Experience managing members of a team
- Experience in youth organizing, student leadership, civic engagement and/or experience working with colleges and universities
- Voter registration experience and expertise strongly preferred
- Excellent writing and communication skills and the ability, as a spokesperson, to articulate messages to diverse audiences
- A track record of developing and maintaining strong working relationships with and among a diverse group of stakeholders
- Organizational and multi-tasking skills
How to Apply:
Due to volume, we are unable to accept direct inquiries about the position. Please e-mail a cover letter, resume, writing sample, and three references to email@example.com by September 30, 2017. References will not be contacted unless the candidate is seriously being considered for the position and gives us permission to do so.
Commensurate with experience; plus health insurance, paid time off and paid holidays.
The Andrew Goodman Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.