Join a Team at the Crossroads of Higher Education and Democracy!
Director of Programs
Title: Director of Programs
Supervisor: Executive Director
Benefits: Competitive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD, Life, ADD Insurance, Vacation, Personal, Sick time, and 15 paid holidays
Employment Type: Full-Time, Exempt, No paid OT
The Andrew Goodman Foundation’s (“AGF”) mission is to make young voices and votes a powerful force in our democracy. The Program Director will work closely with the Executive Director and all of the directors of our departments, including Communications and Development. The function of this role is to advance our mission by overseeing all of our youth civic engagement activities on the campuses that we serve. Below is an outline of the responsibilities and expectations for this role.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Create and execute strategic plans to support programmatic growth through national grassroots organizing; targeted campus expansion; purposeful student mobilization, training, and community organizing activities; and clear structure to impact our voting outcome goals.
- Strengthen the reach, impact, and effectiveness of AGF’s programs through effective prioritization, planning, metrics creation, budgeting, communication, implementation, and evaluation which supports programmatic and organizational strategic priorities.
- Work with the Executive Director to recruit, interview, and select program staff to support programmatic aims.
- Supervise, train, mentor, oversee, and support program staff to align program implementation with strategic goals and to promote promising practices for student civic engagement.
- Develop toolkits that allow us to institutionalize our processes and make them uniform across all of our campuses.
- Strategize partnership objectives that align with and advance the mission of AGF.
- Ensure regular and accurate reporting and processes to facilitate intra- and inter-departmental planning and communications.
- Visit campuses, attend events, and initiate virtual meetings, as necessary.
- Represent AGF at relevant civic engagement, voting rights, and higher education conferences.
- Organize events and activities in order to establish AGF as a thought leader in our space. Requirements and Qualification:
- 5-7 years of organizing experience.
- Strong management skills and the ability to manage members of a team.
- Ability to foster a culture that promotes teamwork, while establishing clear performance standards in accordance with program goals.
- A passion for civic engagement, civil rights, and social justice.
- Commitment to professionalism, professional development, mentorship, and collaboration.
- Experience in Diversity and Inclusion language, strategies, and promotion.
- Ability to develop and lead programs.
- Strong intellectual curiosity and evidence of fast learning ability.
- Ability to handle demanding workloads and unify teams under a single vision.
- Excellent writing and communication skills and the ability, as a spokesperson, to articulate messages to diverse audiences.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships with and among a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Organizational and multi-tasking skills; ability to prioritize assignments.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send cover letters and resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NON DISCRIMINATION AND AFFIRMATIVE ACTION
The Andrew Goodman Foundation is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We welcome people of all cultures, backgrounds, and experiences into our team. We encourage people of color, women, members of the LGBTQ community, as well as people with disabilities to apply!
The Andrew Goodman Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against current or prospective employees based on race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity, age, criminal record (inquiries only), handicap (disability), mental illness, sexual orientation, genetics, active military, or any other protected class in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.