How To Be A Hero: Part 3
This post is the third in a series of tips from social justice activists on how you can unleash your inner hero to make a difference. Have your own tips? Submit to firstname.lastname@example.org!
By Toni Maloney, Co-founder and CEO of BPeace
- Be the first person to take on the last task no one else wants to do.
- Listen to someone who just wants to talk and share how they are feeling.
- Make a real introduction for someone looking for a job.
- Invite someone to your home for an evening, or a day, or a weekend of pampering by you because you know they need it.
- Help someone have a really good laugh, a belly laugh, a laugh that ripples for hours.
- Babysit for a mom or dad who really needs some time for themselves away from the kids.
- Make a real home cooked meal and invite 10 people over to share a Sunday dinner.