How To Be A Hero: Part 1
This post is the first in a series of tips from social justice activists on how you can unleash your inner hero to make a difference. Have your own tips? Submit to email@example.com!
By Amanda Brown, Board of Directors Co-chair, Rock The Vote
- You can do anything, but not everything. Be conscious of adding value.
- Fight for what’s right.
- Fight for what you believe in.
- Stand up for what’s important to you, even if does mean that you’re standing alone sometimes.
- Don’t accept “no” as an answer. There is ALWAYS a “how.”
- Never ever let failure get to your heart!
- To fail is to learn and to grow. Embrace failures. They make you better, and the work that much more important. (If it was easy, it probably would have happened already)
- No matter how many mistakes you make or how slow you “make progress,” you are still way ahead of everyone who isn’t trying.
- Know that small acts of goodness by individuals add up, and really do make the world a better place!
- This is a fact: Heroes do all of the things that non-heroes don’t want to do.