← Back to Tougaloo College

Request Absentee Ballot

Use the tool below to generate an absentee ballot request form. The tool will generate a multi-page PDF document that includes an absentee ballot request form, as well as mailing instructions and deadline information. You must print and complete the form, and follow the instructions for mailing. Remember, register to vote before requesting an absentee ballot! 

You may vote by absentee ballot in Mississippi if:

  • you will be away from your county on Election Day for any reason
  • you are a student, teacher, or administrator at a school whose studies or employment there necessitates your absence from your county on Election Day; or you are the spouse or dependent thereof
  • you have a temporary or permanent physical disability that renders you unable to vote in person without substantial hardship
  • you are the parent, spouse, or dependent of a person with a temporary or permanent physical disability who is hospitalized outside of their county of residence or more than fifty (50) miles away, and you (the parent, spouse or dependent) will be with that person on Election Day
  • you are sixty-five (65) years of age or older
  • you will be unable to vote in person because you are required to be at work on Election Day during the times at which the polls will be open
  • you are a member, spouse, or dependent of the congressional delegation
  • you are a disabled war veteran (or spouse or dependant of such a person) in a hospital
  • you are a member (or spouse or dependant of such a person) of the Merchant Marine or American Red Cross
  • you are in the armed forces and will be away from the county where you are registered on election day.

Remember, for the state of Mississippi you must provide an excuse to vote absentee and have your absentee ballot notarized!

For more help, watch our videos on How to Vote Absentee Successfully in Mississippi and Voting in Person or Absentee in Mississippi.

Some states allow you to request an absentee ballot online. For more information, visit your state’s website: