Do I need voter ID?
All Ohio voters must show ID.
Are student IDs accepted?
Yes, if the ID is issued by a state-funded college, and if the ID displays the address you registered at.
Are IDs issued by other states accepted?
Does the ID need to display my current registration address?
Yes. The ID must display your current registration address unless you’re using an Ohio driver’s license or state identification card.
Acceptable IDs Include:
- An unexpired Ohio driver’s license or state identification card with a present or former address so long as the voter’s present residential address is printed in the official list of registered voters for that precinct;
- A military identification;
- A photo identification that was issued by the United States government or the State of Ohio, that contains the voter’s name and current address and that has an expiration date that has not passed;
- A utility bill, bank statement, or paycheck with the voter’s name and present address;
- A government document (other than a notice of voter registration mailed by a board of elections) that shows the voter’s name and present address. This includes documents produced by state-funded colleges and universities.
Last updated 08/29/2020